Spring water-wise lawn care
- Aerate your lawn to build healthy roots.
- Tune up your sprinkler system. Fix leaks and replace damaged heads.
- Don’t start watering yet.
Summer water-wise lawn care
- Lawns only need about one inch of water a week to stay green.
- Or, let your lawn go golden and dormant – water once a month, and it’ll bounce back in the fall.
- Water early or late in the day, water deeply, and let the soil dry between waterings.
- Mow higher, mow regularly, and leave the clippings.
Fall water-wise lawn care
- Fertilize in fall, when grass is building root reserves.
- Use “natural organic” or “slow release” fertilizers or compost.
- Turn off your sprinkler in mid-Sept.
Sharpen your mower blade.